Resilience from Rewilding
The last few months have tested everyone’s resilience. As a leader you continue to work hard through the Covid-19 crisis, experiencing the rush and pressure of your role in lockdown. Now is the time to come up for air and the chance to immerse yourself in nature. This experience will help you resource yourself to lead resiliently through complex changes you face ahead and reframe your path as a leader.
This Resilience from Rewilding experience offers you the chance to recharge your energy in nature, in 140 acres of Welsh countryside, and use the time to reframe your thinking about how you are leading.
We have redesigned this programme with new COVID-19 procedures to give you safe communal and solo time outdoors, in a small group of 6-8 people, with self-contained quality accommodation and catering. With 1:1 and peer coaching, you will be able to immerse yourself and see your challenges in a new light reframed by ecosystems thinking.
- Resilience is built by reconnecting with what matters to you and choosing how to respond in the moment
- Visceral and deep connections to what matters to you are best made outdoors in natural spaces
- Natural spaces (ecosystems) are full of metaphors about choices and change
- Being in and around the wild wood, rewilded fields, ponds, pagan spring and commercial cider apple orchard will help you re-source , re-energise, and reframe
- New and more sustainable solutions emerge that parallel the systems you see in nature
Who is this course for?
Seeing the ‘system’ you are in with new eyes, enables a leader to better identify how to respond and where to intervene. This may mean changing aspects of how you lead and building your own resilience to change. This programme is for you if you want to understand and build your level of resilience to lead in new ways across the complex systems you work in. It is highly relevant for leaders, HR and OD professionals who need to support others through major changes.
This programme will enable you to explore your current level and sources of resilience, see parallels in the way nature absorbs change, in order to develop new strategies for yourself and your organisation.
Previous participants have gone away with practical insights about the systems they lead in eg replacing a big initiative with a well-aimed tweak that helps the system into a positive cycle that is self-sustained and hence needs less input or time from themselves as a leader.
On this programme you will experience:
- 1:1 virtual coaching call in advance to establish your needs and introduce the different spaces that may be best for you to explore
- Reconnecting with nature
- Applying the 5 Rs of Resilience to your situation: Response, Reality, Resources, Recharge, Reframe
- Individual solo space to consider and assimilate new perspectives offered
- Time in peer groups for socially distanced outdoor action learning
Post programme options
- 1:1 follow up coaching sessions
- Virtual small peer coaching groups (action learning based) to process leadership behaviours that you want to action after the beyond
The change you’ll see
After the programme as a participant you will be able to:
- More clearly see the ‘system’ you are in and how you can be more resilient
- Identify your patterns of reacting and how to respond and choose where to intervene
- Reframe your situation and learn how to recharge and resource yourself using nature
- Connect your thinking to physical, emotional and visceral experiences
- Embed your personal learning in your work and life in an impactful way
Residential event: including 1:1 pre-programme coaching call
- £650 for organisations funding their leader’s development
- £450 for individuals funding their own development
Optional follow-up coaching: 1:1 and group coaching programme review
- £300 for organisations funding their leader’s development
- £200 for individuals funding their own development
Who we are
Future Considerations helps leaders engage with the challenges of their time in innovative and experiential ways, to address system change and develop as leaders.
We have partnered with Orchard House Partners who use nature and the outdoors to help you find your own sources of inspiration and energy; learn how to recharge and resource yourself. You will work with experienced coaches through the resilience journey and you could experience equine assisted coaching as way to see yourself and your impact more clearly as a leader.