Resilience for Leaders
Increasing personal resilience is an essential ability leaders need in a fast changing world, so they can thrive in uncertainty.
Given the challenges of leading in a post pandemic world, hybrid working and increasing pace of transformation, leaders need to reset their personal and professional resilience. This is now an essential ability to help leaders lead their teams and organisations through complex change with energy and confidence and manage their own personal challenges.
Leaders are wanting to know how to deal with events outside their own control, which may affect their lives deeply, without hunkering down, and switching off, and being able to feel they can still make choices.
What leaders will gain from working on resilience
- Reframe your situation and learn to recharge and resource yourself
- More clearly see the ‘system’ you are in and how you can be more resilient
- Identify the patterns in how you typically “react” to help you manage how you respond
- Connect your thinking to physical, emotional and visceral experience
- Embed your learning over time so it has a positive impact on both your work and your personal life
What we know works
We work at depth with leaders using coaching and group coaching so individuals have a real shift in their perspectives and practices. We use a clear framework for Resilience – 5 Rs model
From our recent experience, working with leaders, we know it’s important to focus on
- Learning from and with others
- Understanding your own response patterns
- Getting a wider sense of reality
- Recognising what resources you can draw on
- Learning how to recharge your energy and set boundaries
- Reframe your assumptions
We start our resilience process with developing a personalised learning goal and create confidential, coaching relationships, often in small coaching groups.
We design and adapt to the needs of the organisation whether inhouse, face to face or online.
Our open programmes have included different formats, such as a very successful Resilience Reset series (5 online sessions bi weekly over 10 weeks) focusing on each aspect of Resilience,as well as half day or 1 day online workshops. We also run in depth 2 day programmes face to face, ideally set in nature to allow time outdoors.
“The timing of this programme was perfect for me – I really wanted to recharge and give some energy to how I might notice and break patterns I’d got stuck in, and I really value being in a diverse network of others who are keen to learn and support each other. The programme team were open participants & excellent guides – & most I really appreciate their soft coaching along the way.” – Jayne Hawkins, The National Lottery Community Fund.