Resilience from Rewilding
For leaders and managers
About the programme
In the rush and pressure to deliver results in today’s turbulent times, leaders are struggling to maintain their personal and professional resilience. This makes it harder for them to lead their organisation through complex change with energy and confidence.
This programme is for leaders and managers who want to understand their personal resilience and the sources that help them maintain it. It will help leaders to resource themselves in order to lead resiliently through the complex changes they face ahead. And to reframe their path as a leader.
It will also benefit leaders, HR and OD professionals who need to support others through major change.
The programme will give you time out to discover what inspires you and gives you energy. It will help you learn how to recharge and resource yourself. And it will help you draw from parallels in nature to develop new strategies for yourself and your organisation.
We have redesigned this programme with new COVID-19 procedures in place. Giving you safe communal and solo time outdoors, in a small group of 6-8 people, with self-contained quality accommodation and catering. With 1:1 and peer coaching, you will be able to immerse yourself and see your challenges in a new light reframed by ecosytems thinking.
How the programme will help you
This exciting and challenging programme combines experiential learning with the best in current leadership development thinking.
We’ll help you
- Reconnect with what matters to you
- Rediscover how to respond in the moment
- Understand how visceral and deep connections to what matters are best made outdoors in natural spaces.
- Learn from the metaphors about change and choice that natural ecosystems are full of
- Resource, re-energise and reframe by spending time in and around our wild wood, rewilded fields, ponds, pagan spring and commercial cider apple orchard.
On the programme you’ll:
- Have a call with one of our coaches before the programme starts to discuss your needs and introduce the different spaces that may be best for you to explore
- Consider your level and sources of resilience
- Reconnect with nature
- Apply the 5 Rs of resilience to your situation
- Enjoy individual space to consider and assimilate the new perspectives offered
- Take part in small peer coaching groups (action learning based) to process the leadership behaviours you want to action
- Use parallels in the way nature absorbs change to develop new strategies for yourself and your organisation.
The change you’ll see
After the programme you’ll be able to:
- Reframe your situation and learn how to use nature to recharge and resource yourself
- More clearly see the ‘system’ you are in and how you can be more resilient
- Identify the patterns in how you react to help you manage how you respond
- Connect your thinking to the physical, emotional and visceral experience so your learning is more impactful, personal and long-lived.
- Embed your learning so it has a positive impact on both your work and your personal life
- Understand more about the system you lead and see where you can, for example, replace a big initiative with a well-aimed tweak to move it into a positive and self-sustained cycle that needs less input from you.
Duration: This is a residential programme over two days and evenings, with optional follow coaching
Number of people: Groups or teams of 10-12 people. During current Covid restrictions this will be limited to 6-8 people
Venue: Orchard House and virtually.
Next Date: 9th – 11th November – This programme will be run in partnership with Future Considerations. For more information on this course, click here
We provide everything so you can enjoy the experience without interruption. This can include, for example, coaching, catering, time in open spaces, guided walks, equine facilitated coaching, a night in a bivouac, cooking over a fire pit, exercise in the gym and on running routes.
Why Orchard House Partners
We use nature and the outdoors to help leaders, teams and coaches develop the skills and understanding they need to change the way in which they work. We help leaders lead with clarity, teams become stronger, and coaches hone their ideas.
The coaching experience you have with us will be more powerful and effective than any you’ve had before because:
- It will combine deep coaching experience with the best coaching environment
- Systemic coaching facilitated by nature is shown to have a greater and more lasting effect on behaviours and results
- Using an outside perspective helps to shift your internal reality and so create and sustain meaningful change