Equality, Diversity and Inclusion linked to Inclusive Cultures in Organisations
Orchard House Partners are hosting the OH Leadership Labs, a series of virtual small group experiments, developing, growing, cultivating the leadership we need now and for the future.
Join our OH Leadership Lab on 17th March 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm UK time with our special guest RUBI GUBARA-SANNIE from the Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust. Rubi will open the Lab with some thoughts on “Culture Change with a focus on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and specifically inclusion with regards to Race”.
- Context within the NHS but applicable to all organisations
The type of questions the NHS is posing:
- What is inclusive leadership and why does it matter
- How to ensure your leaders in your organisation are inclusive and what that means
- How to create a psychologically safe environment so that staff feel safe and comfortable enough to speak about issues that they are facing from an inclusivity perspective. And when you bring Race into the conversation how does this differ from someone that is not from Black, Asian minority ethnic (BAME) group
- Interventions, tools and resources to address this
- There will be short experiential exercises and lots of active participation as well as some practical suggestions to implement in organisations and our lives such as Reverse / Reciprocal Mentoring
Expect to participate in an informed, challenging and compelling conversation with 10-12 leaders.
The world is increasingly complex and uncertain. Learning as fast as events around us – ideally faster – than the rate of change – is a competitive advantage and a condition to thrive mutually. It is impossible to do this alone and experts do not exist to provide answers. The challenges are too interconnected and shifting too quickly for one leader’s brain to solve it.
Learning collaboratively through diverse networks – just how natural ecosystems function – will enable shared learning, rapid experimentations and fresh insights.
Each Leadership Lab is shaped around an urgent topic to disrupt our current thinking patterns – on occasion activated with provocative guests. The focus is on inquiry and generating options, rather than coming up with answers. Experimenting in unknown territories and learning with and from peers in a safe space. Do not expect quick solutions, cookie-cutter approaches, or sitting back listening to ‘experts’.
The Leadership Labs are highly participative 90-min events aiming to connect diverse networks and bringing together leaders from across backgrounds, sectors and geographies.
By participating in our Leadership Labs, you will:
- Increase your confidence to address emerging leadership challenges.
- Develop your leadership capacity to navigate turbulence.
- Expand your perspectives and options.
- Accelerate your learning capacity.
- Give yourself thinking space to feel less isolated.