Digital Nature: For now, you can't come to us. So we'll come to you.
In normal times, we’d welcome you here to Orchard House, where you can enjoy all the benefits of an enhanced leadership coaching programme, immersed in nature.
But these aren’t normal times. So, while we ride out the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve come up with the best alternative. As you can’t join us in this inspiring landscape, we’ll bring it to you.
Leadership coaching enhanced with digital nature
The pandemic has changed the way we all work now, and how we’ll work in the future. To meet the challenges and opportunities these changes bring, you need to change too.
We use digital nature to help you enhance your leadership skills so you can respond to this complex and turbulent world with positivity and confidence.
We invite leaders to see themselves as leading interconnected systems, rather than controlling isolated elements.
Using metaphors from natural ecosystems, we open up new perspectives on what leadership is and should be. In response to today’s challenges, we’ve brought these natural metaphors into the digital sphere as guided videos and virtual spaces to think.
We also use digital nature to help you protect your own wellbeing. We’ll take you away from the endless stream of video calls into a fresh space, as if you were outside with us.
Being in nature, physically or virtually, leads to better coaching.
This is because:
- Feeling you are out in nature creates many of the wellbeing benefits of actually being in nature
- This helps you let go of your current environment and open up your mind to new possibilities
- So it becomes easier to explore bigger, more ground-breaking ideas
- Virtual Executive Coaching
- Virtual Team Coaching
- Virtual Bespoke Leadership Development
- Virtual Conferences
Using all the proven techniques from our face-to-face programmes, we:
- Coach leaders through change, resilience and wellbeing
- Coach teams to re-build in the virtual world
- Engage people with how their organisation is changing and developing
How we use digital nature to enhance coaching
Metaphors of real ecosystems engage you from a different perspective: one you can touch and sense, rather than just imagine. This extends the experience beyond the forces that shape long-term performance. The result is fresh ideas that stick and become a new reality.
To recreate this experience while we’re living with Covid restrictions, we use video and soundscapes:
- A short introduction to digital nature and the different elements of an ecosystem: for example, the ponds, coppice, mycelium, spring, orchard, and horses.
- A 30-minute immersion in nature. The video and soundscapes allow you to access nature digitally. We use these as a virtual background or screen share when we’re coaching. You can take part at your desk or, using a mobile device, while you’re out in your own favourite natural place.
- We also encourage you to share your favourite outdoor spaces with us.
Experience the natural environment around Orchard House
If you would like to download the full length, high quality video, click here.
One impact of the pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns has been to dramatically increase people’s awareness of the benefits of being outdoors, in natural spaces. This has led to a rise in demand for coaching in nature.
However, once the pandemic is over, some development will continue to take place online. Although a digital experience is not as impactful in terms of people’s wellbeing or the rate and effect of change, there are benefits. Less travel leading to reduced emissions, saved time and flexible working will all continue to be important.
This is why we’re currently involved in research to provide evidence that will support what we already know: that using natural spaces, digitally, during video calls and events is much better than the monotony of talking heads, static backdrops and interior walls.